Some nights you just want something that is warm and comforting to eat. This recipe is perfect for a cold winters day or to share with friends.
Chilli Con Carne
500gm beef mince
1/2 Tbsn coconut oil
1 sml onion roughly chopped
1 clove garlic
1 red capsicum roughly chopped
400 gm fresh tomatoes, halved
1/2 tspn onion powder
1/2 tspn garlic powder
1 tspn chilli powder
1/2 tspn paprika
1 tspn TM stock concentrate
Salt and pepper
Optional 1 Tbsn tapioca flour to thicken the sauce if its too watery.
- Brown the mince off in a tablespoon of coconut oil in a separate pan*
- Into the TM bowl add the onion and garlic, chop speed 3/3 secs. Scrape down bowl.
- Add coconut oil and saute 5 mins/Varoma/speed 1
- Add capsicum and tomatoes to the TM bowl and chop Turbo/1 sec until roughly chop.
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook 10 mins/90 degrees/speed 1.
- Add the browned meat to the TM bowl, cook another 10 mins/90 degrees/speed 1.
- Check to see if its too watery at this point, and I add a tablespoon of tapioca flour (like cornflour) at this point to thicken the sauce. Cook for 5 mins/90 degrees/speed 1.
- Serve with a dollop of guacamole and enjoy.
*I brown the meat separately because I prefer the flavour, but you can cook the meat in the Thermomix and alternately if you didn’t have a Thermomix you could do all the chopping in a food processor and cook the chilli in the pan.
You can also alter the heat depending on how hot or not you prefer it, by adding more/less chilli powder. This recipe I serve to the kids so not overly spicy.
1/4 sml onion
1 clove garlic
1/2 lime juiced
1 Tbsn coriander
Put all the ingredients in the TM bowl and mix speed 7 until you get the consistency you desire.