There are many Paleo Pancakes that are out there and that I have tried. I think these are one of the best, because of the consistency inside the pancake. Many others I have tried lose their shape and flatten to disks rather than fluffy cakes.The sauce that also comes with this recipe is simple and lovely and could be used in so many ways.
The recipe is from PaleOMG. I love many of her recipes she shares, definitely pop over for a look at more yummies. I have altered this recipe for my Thermomix.
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
3 eggs, whisked
½ cup almond milk + 3 tablespoons (carton, unsweetened)
1 tablespoon raw honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup tapioca flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add raspberries, lemon juice, and honey. Mix together and let simmer. Once raspberries have broken down, bring heat to low to let thicken slightly. You could do this in your Thermomix prior, but I did on stove top while I mixed my batter.
- Place eggs, almond milk, honey and vanilla extract in the TM bowl and mix speed 3/30 secs.
- Then, add coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and baking soda and a pinch of salt. Mix reverse/speed 3/30 secs or until batter is well combined.
- Grease a large pan with coconut oil and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, spoon a pancakes size pancake on the pan. I find these mixes thick so you may need to smooth out to shape with the back of a spoon.
Optional: use a small spoon to scoop out a tablespoon of the raspberry jam mixture and swirl it around on the top of the pancake.
- Once pancake has browned, flip, making sure to cook evenly on each side.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake mixture.