I first found this recipe on the grain free food blog A Girl Worth Saving. My kids (and me there’s no denying it) are very partial to a good cookie. Many of the Paleo cookie recipes however are soft and don’t quite hit the spot. A cookie to me should be a little crisp on the edges when you bite into it and soft in the centre.
After the choc chip cookie, the sugar cookie must be one of the worlds most popular cookies. Usually they are very sweet, but the edges crisp up well. When I found this sugar free paleo version I was excited to give it a try. I wasn’t disappointed.
I’ve altered the original recipe for the Thermomix.Paleo ‘Sugar’ Cookie
1 cup of raw cashews
½ cup of coconut flour
1 tbsp of tapioca flour
¼ tsp of sea salt
½ tsp of baking soda
¼ cup of ghee or coconut oil
½ tsp of vanilla
¼ cup of honey
- Do not preheat your oven. Timing is based on putting into a cold oven.
- Grind the cashews into a flour in your TM bowl speed 10.
- Next add in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda and tapioca flour and pulse to combine.
- Then add the ghee, vanilla, egg and honey and mix 5 secs/speed 3-4 or until you have a cookie dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment and cut with your cookie cutters. Place them on a piece of parchment paper and then bake at 175 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes or until just golden.
I made little ninja’s for my son today (the feet are a little browner than normal), they didn’t last long enough to get decorated. My tips for these cookies are to make sure you don’t roll the dough too thin or the will ‘brown’ and keep an eye on them as they do change colour quickly.