As some of you may know (those following my instagram @brookedarcher) we got half a cow recently. Its about 80kg of beautifully cut, pasture raised, delicious meat. So I’ve been coming up with new ideas of how to cook beef.
This recipe for Paleo pulled beef roast, is easy, quick to prepare, and perfect for those busy week nights. Often after all the kids commitments its easier to grab something (naughty) than it is to go home and make a quick dinner. Some of our nations dietary issues, I believe, come from this convenience eating. Our parents wouldn’t have had that option growing up, would they?
Thank goodness for slow cookers. On those busy days, where your running around, try this recipe and come home to a beautiful meal half done. I’ve been trying to use ours once a week. With all my kids commitments after school, this recipe will make enough for two nights meals.
Paleo Pulled Beef Roast
- 1.5 kg boneless blade roast
- 2/3 cup beef bone broth
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- Place roast in bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour all other ingredients on top.
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- You will know it is done when it basically falls apart with a fork.
- Shred then return to the juices and cook for 30 more minutes.
Steam some veggies (10 mins) and you wont have to feel guilty about another ‘convenience’ meal.