Lately I’ve been trying to eat a bit cleaner, even Paleo followers can consume a little too much sometimes. Tonight, however, I was craving something sweet. I’ve learnt that if this is the case, I am better to make something naturally sweet using Paleo ingredients, than to succumb to the craving and eat something ‘bad’.
This is usually where most of us fall off the wagon. Our cravings get the better of us and once we’ve broken it once, well we give in and tell ourselves its too hard. So I fed my craving with this pudding, using real food ingredients, and I enjoyed it.
Eating by a Paleo lifestyle, you rarely have cravings. When you do experience them, don’t try to just ignore it. Look at why you are craving? Is there a trigger that is making you feel this way and your not actually hungry? It could be emotional, or old habits. Sometimes working out the triggers will allow you to help you in the future.
Sometimes, however, you just need to feed the craving. This recipe is a great option when you are struggling with a sweet craving.
Chocolate & Banana Chia Dessert Pudding (makes 2)
4 medjool dates
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp chia seeds
- Place the banana’s, dates. coconut milk, vanilla and cacao powder into the Thermomix bowl (or food processor).
- Process for 5 secs/speed 8. Scrap down the sides.
- Then mix again 5 secs/speed 9.
- Divide the mixture between two bowls or glasses. Stir 1 tablespoon of chia seeds into each bowl of mixture well.
- Refrigerate for 5 – 10 mins.
- Then serve. I served with raspberries and Enjoy Life choc chips.
This recipe is so quick and easy. If you had guest for dinner, why not serve it in gorgeous glasses topped with seasonal fruit.
Unlike breakfast chia puddings that we have weekly, this recipe is a soft pudding consistency.