I’ve written about a family sized crustless quiche recipe before, and theres no surprises that this recipe isn’t much different, but I decided to share with you the mini versions. Here’s my original post if you want the instructions for the full sized quiche.
These mini quiches make the perfect snack, breakfast, or quick lunch option. They don’t take much time at all to prepare and cook. Also, they are something my kids love, hot or cold, in their lunch boxes.
Mini Crustless Quiches (makes 12)
8 – 10 eggs
1 Tbsn coconut oil
Half an onion, finely diced
2 x rashers bacon, diced
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Baby spinach leaves, 1 small handful
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- In a pan heat the coconut oil and fry the onion and bacon off. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl add the eggs and salt and pepper if using.
- Whisk the eggs evenly.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, spinach and the cooled onion and bacon mix to the eggs and stir to coat all the ingredients.
- Evenly spoon the mixture between silicon muffin tray. Make sure to push the spinach leaves down so they don’t dry out.
- Bake for approximately 15 mins, until they have puffed up and the egg has cooked all the way through.
- If eating warn, pop them out of the muffin tray and enjoy. Or if your tucking them away for later let them cool for a couple of minutes in the muffin tray, then remove and let cool completely before storing in an air tight container. Either way the quiche will shrink back down. Don’t be alarmed.
This recipe is so versatile. Add your favourite ingredients, or remove the bacon for a vegetarian twist. Its a great basic recipe to have on hand.
These mini crustless quiches also freeze well.
Make sure to put this recipe on your weekend ‘recipes to try’ list.