There is one simple recipe that I make all the time. Its a very popular condiment that is eaten the world over and when made the old fashioned way, with real ingredients, its paleo approved. What is it…mayonnaise. Its so simple. Make sure that you make your own mayonnaise. Once you do, you will never want to buy those shop bought ones. Go on try it.
Its made even simpler with the Thermomix. Let the butterfly attachment do all the hard work. But don’t think this is just a recipe for the Thermomix, you can follow the same instructions for a food processor or blender.
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
3/4 cup avocado or olive oil
- Put all the first 6 ingredients into the TM bowl, insert butterfly.
- Whisk together for 20 secs/speed 4.
- With the MC cup on and while still rotating on speed 4, slowly add a drop or two of of the oil onto the lid. It will drip down through.
- Then slowly add a little more gradually onto the lid until it is all gone, it should take between 2-3 mins
- Spoon it out and store in an air tight jar in the fridge.
I have shared this mayonnaise recipe several times on the blog, but I’ve never made it the star of a post. The thing is, this delicious mayo does with any meat or salad. Here are three different dishes that I’ve served this mayo with:
Its simple recipes like this one that will make your paleo life that bit easier and a LOT more tastier.